A forum for fans of the "Portal" video games! All members will be given cake.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

The General Chat Thread

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next
AuthorMessage
Invader Aqua

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:07 am

That's okay, Rosie. ^.^

You're right that she should probably be told... I don't really like the idea of talking about someone behind their back, although it's not like we're being purposely mean... Still, it'd be hard to say it to her face. XD I guess I'm in if both you guys are. I'm still afraid it would start a fight though, and I don't want another one. D:

Also... this is random, but does anyone remember that post earlier from the person claiming to be Sol? They said chaos was coming to OOTS, friend against friend, etc... and I find it ironic that it actually happened. o.O
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:08 am

I would say it to her face, but I have the feeling it would cost me too many friends to make up for it.
There are times when I want to tell her to shut up and stop acting so above everyone else, but I know a lot of people who would defend her. And while we aren't that close and fighting with BC wouldn't upset me much, I don't want to loose certain friends over her. Not worth it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Invader Aqua

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:10 am

Yeah, same here. :< I don't want to drive a rift between OOTSians.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:11 am

Exactly.
Privately, I feel like there already is one. I just hope that no one acts on it and actually causes war to break out. o.e
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Invader Aqua

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:16 am

Yeah, I know what you mean. D: I hate losing friends, and this is really just... not a good reason to fight. I hope I don't get too involved in it. o.O I don't want to have to take sides, especially if some of my friends are on one side with the rest on another... ugh. I really just hate this right now. I hope it all smooths over, somehow.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:17 am

Yeah...
But I mean, from what I can see, I have friends on both sides. I hope I never have to choose, but it;s hard to stay neutral in OOTS...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Invader Aqua

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:19 am

Yeah. Sad If war breaks out, I'll be like one of the innocents who huddles in her home avoiding the bombs...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:21 am

I'll probably get sucked into the heart of things. DX I never mean to, it just happens.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Invader Aqua

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:23 am

Ack. DX

I feel like I should try to make a happy, civil topic on OOTS... but I'm afraid it would fail horribly, and either no one would come, or everyone would come and just start fighting again. D:
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:25 am

I don't know.
I just know there are lingering feelings about to explode, and if they don't die away then we're gonna have a lot of repeats of tonight... (God, I sound depressing. o.e)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Invader Aqua

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:30 am

I know. :< But what can anyone do about it? DX I don't think it'd going to fix itself, but I can't see how any of us are going to fix it either...

Man, this is making me feel depressed. DX I don't like wallowing. Want to talk about something else?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:32 am

I guess we have to let things happen. At the very least, we'll come out of it knowing who our true friends are. (Although, lately I feel like the tension in OOTS has caused me to gain a lot of insight in that area.)
Yeah, sure. o.e This is really depressing, and it's probably not helping much.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hatty Tat Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:37 am

I just made a huge post to Basey about what I truly think of her... I was not able to post it. I was afraid of looking like a fool when maybe no one would agree with me, even though I know that I'm right. Some stuff that I said in that message was a little bit too harsh, anyway. But she just broke the straw on the camel's back — again... — when she said that some of my posts were far too rude. Try the exact opposite, sweetheart.

I feel kind of bad asking this of you guys, since I know that you don't want to, but... Would you please help me stand up to her? I just have to tell her the truth, and without support, I simply cannot. I think that our friends are true enough to not hate us for saying how we feel. What if they agree with us eventually, or always have, but said nothing because they were afraid, just like us? She's really a bully, and I cannot stand her any longer. If any of our friends were to get mad at us for standing up to her, then maybe they aren't truly our friends. :/ If you simply will not, though, I understand.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://aperturedatabanks.team-talk.net
Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:42 am

Hm...
Do you still have the post somewhere, or did you fully delete it? Just curious; I'd like to see what it said. ^^
We could always try, but most of OOTS seems to have a general respect for her. Plus, if we do it tonight, it'll look like we're trying to continue the argument, and people will be too frustrated to listen. Waiting until she does something else that's unnecessarily rude would probably be a better bet, since we won't be crashing the big forgiveness party.
But if she bashes you guys or anything, I'll definitely step in. ^^
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Invader Aqua

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:44 am

You're right, Rainy. I know you and Rosie are both my true friends. <3

Rosie, if it means this much to you, I'll do it. I agree that BC needs to be brought down a notch. Maybe we can put an end to this. If you go through with it, I'll be there. You have my support.
Though I do agree with what Rainy said... it might not be wise to start it up again after it just started to cool down. Still, she's been crossing the line all night. It can't be long.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:47 am

I've been in the heart of OOTS arguments for over a year - some that I don't regret, and some that I'm not proud of - and I know when tension is building. It really can't be long before something happens again, and BC's sure to be involved.
I'd do it now, but it would seem like we're being petty about things, and others would see it as unjustified. However, if you guys do it, then I'll have your backs.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hatty Tat Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:55 am

You're probably right about how we should bring up our issues with Basey up another time, Rainy. And sorry, but I do not have the post anymore. :< Basey just said that she was hurt by what I told her about how I feel about her making jokes about murder... I am glad of that. Maybe that makes me mean, but perhaps now she's gotten a taste of her own medicine. Of course, she won't think about that, though. She akways tells other people to put themselves in the positions of others, but she never does so herself. She also always tries to tell people ways that they can improve themselve, but she does not try to do that herself. She also whines when people get off-topic, when she does that all the time. I also hate when she has to correct minor spellimg and grammar issues on the Internet. I'm sorry for venting about this so much, but I really do hate her. I feel kind of bad about being so bitter towards her — I try to be kind to everyone — but I simply have nothing positive to say about her. I love you guys so much. Thanks for always being there for me. <3
Back to top Go down
Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:58 am

No problem, Rosie. Love you too. <3
I do agree... I hate how she told Hopey to "go out into the real world for a day", yet she refuses to see anything but the cold truth. If everyone else has to look at it from the cold, Thinker-y side of the world - not bashing them or anything, since I'm ISTP - why won't she try and be nicer or more optimistic? I get that Feelings don't come naturally to her, but I'm the same way, and I make attempts to express my emotions better. It's not fair that everyone else has to try and be more like her, but she never looks at it from others' points of view.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hatty Tat Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:06 am

Exactly. Sometimes I can't help but wonder if she just talks about how cold she's made herself to seem cool and edgy, too.

Do you guys know those friends who just are the ones who really stick with you through thick and thin, no matter what, are your shoulder to cry on, don't mind when you're annoying, and are... simply always perfect? You guys are those special friends for me. <3 I've never had friends as wonderful as you. All of my "friends" before you just left me...
Back to top Go down
Invader Aqua

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:09 am

Oh, Rosie, you really are kind. Getting upset with one person isn't going to change that. I completely understand your bitterness towards her. She's really said some terrible things, and she does need to see what she's done. We will take her down. We're going to give her a piece of our minds, as soon as the right time comes along. And I'm glad we can be here for you. <3
This whole thing really makes me sad... I used to have a lot of respect for BC. I thought she was really cool and creative, and I really wanted to get to know her better. I purposely overlooked her apparent meanness in the hopes that if I were her friend and understood her better, she'd seem like a different person. But I was really wrong about that. She's been really terrible, and if there's anything underneath that, she does too good a job hiding it for it to matter. You're a better friend than she'd ever be, Rosie, and she hurt you. We're going to do something about this.

You really are so amazing, both of you. I'm so glad we're all friends. I know we can get through this together. And I'm starting to sound cheesy, but seriously. I love you guys. <3
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:12 am

Aw, I love you guys, too. -hugs- <3
Yeah. I mean, I understand shutting out your emotions and being a cold person, but it's unrealistic. It's like she wants to seem heartless, and she comes across that way... but it just has a bad effect. I used to admire her for all she'd been through, and I still have a grudging respect for someone who survived all of that, but I can't help but be annoyed with her. It's like... being emotionless is fine, whatever, but she ignores other people's feelings and acts like she's the only person who matters.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Invader Aqua

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:13 am

Agreed, Rainy. She just... acts like feeling don't exist.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rainy

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:18 am

Exactly.
I'm scarily out of touch with my Feeling side, too, but even at my worst I can understand and accept that others have feelings and I know how to respect them. She gets all weird when people talk about feelings... like, even over stupid things. I think me and Rosie were talking about stories or something and complimenting each other's, and then BC comes in and starts whining about how her topic got infested by "feelings".
Um... what? o.e
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Hatty Tat Cat
Admin

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:22 am

Thank you so much, Aqua. <3 You wouldn't believe how big my smile was when I was reading your post. You weren't being cheesy at all. Smile What she's said has really hurt. Thank you both so much for being so supportive of me. And you're very right, Rainy. I have a respect for how she went through a lot, too, but that doesn't mean that she can be a jerk to everyone. :/ Ugh, I remember when she said that, Rainy! That was really rude. She needs to just keep her thoughts to herself so much of the time.

I feel like talking about Wheatley now, but I have no idea what to say, really... xD I haven't said much about him lately, and it's because I didn't want Basey attacking me. *Sigh* I must admit, it's just made me unhappy. I feel happiest when I'm thinking, or better yet, talking about my favorite fictional character. :3
Back to top Go down
Invader Aqua

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:26 am

Ugh. >.< The more I think about it, the more I dislike BC. DX I remember one time when she complained about how she wrote a story and it got deleted, and then whenever someone said they were sorry or that was a shame or whatever, she would freak out about how they were pitying her. o.o' Honestly. She just... needs to be a lot more sensitive. :/ I understand not being good with feelings. I can be incredibly blunt sometimes, and I'm not all that good at picking up on when I'm offending someone. But she just shows no remorse, always acts like she's in the clear... Even after calling Rosie a freak! I just can't get over that. >.<

And Rosie, of course you can talk about Wheatley! To be honest, I like hearing you obsess. XD It shows I'm not the only one who can be like that! And it's even better because I actually know what you're talking about. XD A lot of the time people talk about characters I've never heard of. XP So yeah, go for it!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The General Chat Thread   

Back to top Go down

The General Chat Thread
Page 6 of 14Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next